Thursday, April 12, 2007

Peeping Tomasso

When I picked Jacob and his friend, Giordano, up from school today, I stopped to pay a 'field trip fee' to his teacher, Chiara. While she got change, I walked over to the large windows that looked out over the city of Ancona and commented on how great the view was. She started laughing and told me, "We saw some naked women today." I turned to face her with a puzzled look, thinking to myself, naked women...we? She kept laughing and said that a couple of women had decided to sunbathe alla italiana on the roof DIRECTLY ACROSS, AND 50 FEET FROM THE SCHOOL!!! She noticed all the kids laughing (in other classrooms too) at the ladies and she hollered at them out of the window, "What are you doing!? This is a school!". The girls moved behind a wall, out of sight. Chiara kept laughing as she told me...ah, spring in Italy...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?!?! No comments on this one yet?!?! Could be that we're still freezing our "alla italiana" off!

Tim and Shauna said...

that's funny because I can look out my classroom window today and see something similar... only they are are male construction workers and I imagine a bit more hairy

Roxanne said...

Hairy construction workers?--Where?? ;^)

(I jest!)

Jesus;--the son of a carpenter.
(Matt. 13:55)

Roxanne said...

I waited.

Stephen Lawson said...

Jason, you might like my new post.

I hope you are doing well.