Monday, November 26, 2007

My Mad Basketball Skillz

I have none. And it showed. I got schooled by an Italian banker last night at the birthday party for one of Jacob's classmates. I have never been very talented at it, but I thought surely I could beat an Italian - nope. Granted, it was with a child-size ball and there was no backboard, but no. I just ended getting really sweaty and red-faced. I normally can not stand these parties - because of the chaos and whatnot, but I had some great conversations and we all really enjoyed it. Heather talked to Anna about being her language helper and her husband told me about his involvement in his environmental crime investigations as a police officer. He shared with me about his passion for those who do not have rights and how it is important that we remember "the last ones."

No comments: